August 12, 2011

Lee Min Ho Discusses Thoughts About "City Hunter"


Lee Min Ho recently granted an interview to 10Asia to discuss his thoughts about the drama "City Hunter," the finale of which aired on July 28. The interview, which was split into two parts, shared Lee's experiences filming the drama, his thoughts about the relationship between Lee Yoon Sung and Kim Nana, and his own beliefs about acting.

Lee revealed that after filming "Boys Over Flowers," he hoped to branch out from his "pretty boy" image, and that was why he starred in "City Hunter." "I feel that I was able to show my potential as an actor through 'City Hunter.' I guess you could say that I was able to take a step closer to obtaining the title as a real actor." Now you can expect to see him in more varied dramas, as Lee says he has since been offered different types of roles than previously.

On acting with Park Min Young, he said, "I'm kind of sad that I wasn't able to treat Kim Nana in a more adult-like and manly manner because of how the show ended for Lee Yoon-sung. I also feel sad that we couldn't prolong our bickering relationship because it might have kept up the tension from before a bit." But he said that he was still able to do the "lovey-dovey" scenes without much problem. "Park Min Young and I were able to create those scenes because she was someone I could act comfortably with."

Lee also discussed how he has changed since he became famous. "Before, I was the kind of person who enjoyed meeting strangers. I used to be very cheerful and friendly and tried to get to know a person in a broader sense but a lot of those characteristics faded away after I got a lot of attention from the audience. I began to avoid people if I felt slightly uncomfortable with them and I was sad with myself because I was struggling to think of things to talk about with a friend who I met after a year. At times, I even wondered whether this was the right way to live. I’m not sure where this loneliness comes from and as much as I put in my efforts to find a solution, I think it'll be difficult to do so if I stay an actor."

We hope Lee Min Ho will find a way to deal with his fame, since he obviously has a lot more coming his way! Read the rest of the interview here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment